Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

On this very special weekend, I want to wish my mom a very happy Mother’s Day. She’s the woman who gets all of my jokes and obscure sports references, who supports me in every little thing I do, and who’s taught me how to be strong and to go after whatever goals I set. She’s my best friend, and I have no clue how I’m going to handle being away from her next year when I head off to college. I’ll be taking full advantage of Skype and cell phone minutes, I can tell you that.

101_0888

Now, on to the cheesecake!

This recipe may look a bit familiar. That’s because it’s adapted from one of the most popular recipes on this blog, the greek yogurt cheesecake. After a birthday dinner earlier this week (I’m officially an adult! Bring on the lottery tickets and voter registrations!) in which I ordered a lemon blueberry cheesecake, I realized that I could make my own version at home, one that would likely be much healthier than the standard cheesecake slice. So with a pack of blueberries, some lemons, and a rather large container of greek yogurt, I set to work in the kitchen.

101_0894

This version may, dare I say it, be better than the original. But then again, we all know how obsessed I am with anything lemon. In this recipe, the citrus pairs perfectly with the tanginess of the greek yogurt, and then it’s all finished off with fresh little bursts of blueberries scattered throughout.

101_0889

All together, it creates a light, refreshing dessert that nevertheless is rich enough to be incredibly satisfying. Make it for your mother this weekend, and don’t forget to let her know how awesome she is. Hi Mom! Love you!

101_0891

* * *

Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

adapted from this recipe

graham cracker crust in a springform pan (recipe here)

2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 Tbs cornstarch

pinch of salt

3 1/2 Tbs lemon juice

zest of one lemon

1/2 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F. In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Blend until smooth, then add cornstarch, pinch of salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend again. Stir the blueberries carefully into the mixture. Pour filling into crust in a 10-inch springform pan, and bake for 35 minutes.

When the cheesecake is done, it will still be jiggly in the center but will have a “done” look to it. The edges of the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Make sure you don’t over bake.

Let cool, then chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge before releasing the springform.

Related posts:

{ 32 comments… add one }
  • Barbara May 12, 2013, 8:16 pm

I love your greek yogurt cheesecake! Ive actually experimented with putting in fresh strawberry sauce and it is delicious! I cant really tell, though, how thin your cheesecake comes out. Mine come out very thin, is this normal, or what do you think could be the reason? Am I over cooking, possibly?

• A Baking Girl May 12, 2013, 10:21 pm

Adding strawberry sauce sounds delicious! As for the filling, when I make it, the filling usually isn’t too thick, which you might not be able to tell from the pictures. If you want a thicker filling, you can double the recipe, but you might also need to increase the baking time. Just be sure to keep an eye on it in the oven to make sure you don’t overcook it. You want the center to be a bit jiggly and the outside of the circle to look done and set.

• Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen May 13, 2013, 8:48 pm

This looks absolutely gorgeous! I love the lemon and blueberry combination and I really love that it’s made with greek yogurt!

• Debbie September 15, 2013, 7:56 pm

This is a great recipe. My husband loves it and so do I. I plan to make this over and over again. Thank you for sharing.

• J February 22, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hi! Do you think it’s possible to replace the Greek yogurt with regular yogurt that is thicker, like Activia?

• A Baking Girl February 23, 2014, 12:46 pm

I haven’t tried it with other yogurts, but I don’t think it would work as well because Greek yogurt has a different consistency and protein content that makes this filling act like cheesecake. That being said, feel free to try it and let me know the results!

• kat March 9, 2014, 12:26 pm

How long does this hold for after its made?

• A Baking Girl March 10, 2014, 9:13 am

It stays fresh for a few days in the fridge after it’s made, and it holds its shape until it’s eaten :)

• Lauren June 17, 2014, 6:17 pm

Would a store bought keebler graham crust work?

• A Baking Girl June 18, 2014, 12:44 am

Of course!

• curious baker July 27, 2014, 8:12 pm

Can the plain greek yogurt be substituted with blueberry flavored greek yogurt?

• A Baking Girl July 28, 2014, 2:05 pm

Absolutely! Good idea ;)

• Terri May 20, 2015, 6:15 am

Hey,

Would it be ok to use Greek Style yogurt?

• A Baking Girl May 20, 2015, 9:06 am

Hi Terri, if you read the recipe, you’ll see that this cheesecake is actually made with greek yogurt. Happy baking!

• Jennifer Herrscher May 29, 2015, 7:41 pm

Okay so tell me about the crust this crustlooks completely different from the last one that you did and I love the last one so much I want to try this one! Thanks☺️

• A Baking Girl May 29, 2015, 8:51 pm

Hey Jennifer! For this crust, I just used chocolate graham crackers instead of regular ones, which is why it looks so much darker than the other cheesecake recipe’s crust. Also, if you like these greek yogurt cheesecakes, there’s another recipe for peanut butter chocolate greek yogurt cheesecake in the archives that you should check out!

• Anita July 3, 2015, 8:50 am

OMG! This is absolutely delicious and tastes like regular cheesecake without the fat. My nieces and I made this today and the whole family was wowed by it! Moist, light and super yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

• A Baking Girl July 3, 2015, 12:30 pm

Thanks Anita! Isn’t it awesome? Perfect for this time of year for sure

• Jen August 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

Would you think a key-lime version with lime juice/zest would use the proportion of citrus? (Was thinking of also sub-ing raspberries for the blueberries). Thanks!

• A Baking Girl August 27, 2015, 12:56 pm

I think that would definitely work, and it sounds delicious! Awesome idea!

• Ashley November 25, 2015, 11:02 am

Hi! LOVE the look of this!! I am a primal eater, so the fat content does not bother me and I will use a sugar sub for the sugar. My question is, can I use full fat Greek yogurt? I don’t see how it would make a difference but wanted to ask.
    Thank you!! P.S. I hope you respond soon I want to make this tomorrow :)

• A Baking Girl November 27, 2015, 4:48 pm

Yes you can absolutely use full fat yogurt! And sorry for the late reply!

• Tasfia March 17, 2016, 2:19 pm

Just to start off, this was the best cheesecake recipe I’ve used BY FAR, and the fact that it uses Greek yogurt makes it all the more better. I thought the lack of solid cream cheese would make the mixture too thin, but when it came out of the oven it held its shape perfectly!! (Although, adding about a tablespoon or so of cream cheese made the cake creamier) A variation of this recipe I used was orange zest instead of lemon, no blueberries in the mixure, and a strawberry-blackberry coolis spread on top. Turned out great! Anyways, love, love, LOVE this recipe!

• Khanthary August 23, 2016, 10:52 pm

I made your strawberry cheesecake last year for my boyfriend’s birthday and it was a hit. This year I made the lemon blueberry cheesecake so we will find out how it tastes Saturday!

• Cristina December 22, 2016, 4:38 am

Hi !
    Sounds amazing! Do you think I could replace the Greek yogurt with soured milk ?

• A Baking Girl December 23, 2016, 9:53 pm

Nope, it will turn out too runny and not set into cheesecake!